»

July 28, 2009

oh maaaaan

So, Infinite Jest. Junior year. I first saw that hefty tome sitting on a bottom shelf, brand-spankin' new, in my high school library. So fat. So wonderful. I'm like Season 8 Scrubs' Denise when it comes to books.

Then, I forgot about it.

Now, summer before my junior year of college, I remember it and it turns out I'm late. I really am. I've missed out on Infinite Summer.

Or have I? I'm getting a tosillectomy on Monday. Yep. Just scheduled it today. I'm prepared to spend the next two weeks in hazy, pain-killer induced consciousness, losing anywhere from 10 - 15 pounds because I'll be eating nothing but popsicles. And pills. Popsicles and pills.

My doctor was of the nervous, babbling variety. When he saw my last name and asked me how to pronounce it, he said WHAT THIS IS UHMURICAH YA GOTTA PRONOUNCE IT RIGHT, to which I replied (in my head) SHUTUP JUST LOOK AT MY GODDAMN TONSILS.

When I told him I was Filipino, he said OH I READ LOTS OF WORLD HISTORY EH EH THE SPANISH RIGHT? WE PRETTY MUCH SAVED YOU GUYS! EXCEPT WE WERE KIND OF LIKE THE SPANISH, TOO...

To which I replied (in my head) GODDAMN! JUST SHUTUP AND LOOK AT MY FUCKING TONSILS!

When I told him I was studying cellular and molecular biology, he then went on a five-minute rant about how all the material in research journals was completely useless to him. You know. That stuff that I spend all my time reading and just, you know, kind of like... a LOT.

Yeah. He's doing my operation.

RETURNING FROM MY RAMBLE, my point is that I'm going to be bedridden for a while, so in that period, maybe I can start the Infinite Jest.

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

0 comments: