»

June 21, 2009

Summer Mix Oh! NINE

Old habits die hard, but with a twist: youtube clips included!


1. Coast of Carolina, Telekinesis.
I love that the drummer is the singer and that the bassist is a chick (which usually leads to awesomeness, e.g. The Smashing Pumpkins).


-
2. Nothing to Worry About, Peter Bjorn and John
Sooo catchy. The "video" is just the song playing.

-
3. Gorgeous Behavior, Marching Band
The kids in the video are really cute.

-
4. Cable TV, Fol Chen
The video is pretty neat.


-
5. Mykonos, The Fleet Foxes
AWESOMENESS.

-
6. Avril 14th, Aphex Twin
One of those kind, quiet songs. The piano is really pretty.

-
7. The Future Freaks Me Out, Motion City Soundtrack
An old kickback to high school. Specifically, summer before junior year. :) After watching the video, I remember how much I liked the lead singer's hair...

-
8. She Said Oh Oh Oh, I Said Yeah Yeah Yeah, Gem
I wonder what the chorus is... in any case, it's very catchy.

-
9. My Girls, Animal Collective
I'd never listened to A.C. until just recently, but this song really caught my attention.

-
10. Kids, The Kooks covering MGMT
I like both versions enough, but I'm more partial to acoustic guitars.

-
11. Don't Give Up the Fight, The Magic Numbers
Another kickback to high school, especially senior year.

-
12. Firefly, Jane Lui
I'm a sucker for anything acoustic. Plus, J.L.'s voice is just sultry, but in a refreshing way. The video is actually of her playing the song. :)

-
13. The APL Song, The Black Eyed Peas
For one, the chorus that figures throughout the entire song is actually from another song that I grew up listening to (Balita, by Asin). I thought this was an appropriate song because well, I don't know. I've been feeling a lot more displaced than usual these days, and I figure a good way to lessen that is by going back to my roots... something this song kind of does for me.
>here< - 14. First of the Gang to Die, Zee Avi covering Morissey


-
15. You'll Be Safe Here, Rivermaya
I just realized a lot of these songs are by asian artists. Holla! In any case, Rivermaya is one of my favorite bands from the good ol' PI.

-
16. Between the Bars, Elliot Smith

1 comments:

Do-Maura-rigatou said...

this is amazing man.