»

June 28, 2009

i tag you

What is your current obsession?

I have quite a few at the moment, as I have the summer as my friend.
1. Surfing design blogs-- A History of Architecture, Montmartre's Sketchbook, Childhood Flames and The Cherry Blossom Girl are just a few of my favorites.
2. Rummaging through boxes of old clothes from the 80s my parents that my parents have had in storage since, well, the 80s. It's awesome when I find somethi
ng I can see myself wearing after a sewing job.
3. Sewing, or rather, learning the theory. I haven't tackled the sewing machine yet. The idea of threading it and inserting bobbins is rather intimidating still.
4. Wanting to learn how to knit. It's been spurred even
more by the idea of knitting a baby blanket for my cousin's soon-to-be baby girl.
5. Working out-- I've got my dumbbells right next to my bed so that I can do bicep curls whenever I'm watching scrubs, I have my yoga DVD in the TV in the basement, and I'm going to set my alarm for 8:30 AM so I can get out and do circuits around my neighborhood before another ridiculously humid and hot East Coast summer day sets in.
Rather, it's the idea of working out... although I'm pretty
consistent with doing bicep curls (as I'm pretty consistent with my scrubs), it's been a few days since I've done yoga or gone running. But I have a good excuse for the yoga-- getting back into doing sun salutations had the backs of my legs feeling like stretched rubber bands.

What are you wearing now?
An old navy tank top from last summer and some roxy sweatpants I got in high school.

Do you nap a lot?
No need to these days; I get my eight hours during the summer.

If you were a tree, what tree would you be?
A big sprawling one good for climbing, swings, and possibly even a tree house.

What's for dinner?
I had some of my mom's cooking-- some Filipino dish whose name I can't seem to remember. It was good, though.

What was the last thing you bought?
Cherry jello and IBC root beer from the grocery store.

What are you listening to right now?
Earlier, I figured out a nifty chord progression, so I recorded it on garage band-- I was listening to it as I fiddled around on my guitar to come up with some good accompaniment. If only I could write lyrics to it... and then actually sing.

What is your favorite weather?
Crisp with a little bite, sunny, but not windy. I love fall weather.

What is on your bedside table?


My stuffed animal rabbits, angel fish (the bit of orange on the white rabbit's lap), Mr. Seal, my macbook remote, my electric fan remote, my old baby shorts I found in a box a week ago, my headband I wear to bed, and my summer biochem study guide. Funsies.

What is your most challenging goal right now?
In all honesty, learning how to grow up.

If you could have a house anywhere in the world, where do you want it to be?
In the heart of Yokohama. It would probably have to be an apartment, since Yokohama's so crowded! But as long as I'm by the train station, it's all good.

What can’t you live without?
People I care about.

What was the last book you read?
Sew U and Sew U Home Stretch-- reaaally good books for getting ideas on sewing projects. I think I'll be using the skirt pattern from the latter book to make a pencil skirt out of this really nice, navy blue interlock knit I got a while ago.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Japan, specifically, the Flightline.


Last movie you watched?
Persepolis. It was really good and funny, and especially informative in terms of giving an Iranian perspective on the history behind the political hullabaloo happening now.

1 comments:

Do-Maura-rigatou said...

sigh...temporary flightline lake
my heart hurts.