»

June 20, 2009

chick lit is comfort food for the mind.

It's been a rough past few months for me, and now that it's summer I've had more time to do things that make me feel better. I've abandoned my usual Marquez and Borges for The Devil Wears Prada (come on, admit it: it's sooo good), read as many DIY blogs as I do news articles, make delicious milkshakes (the most recent being a cherry blueberry chocolate fro-yo concotion) and watch scrubs allllll the time. It feels good to be self-indulgent every now and then.

One thing that I've come to terms with is, well, i'm getting older. I'm about to embark upon the next nine years of my life as a twenty-something, and it's been odd realizing that I'm at an age where its important to be more self-sufficient, self-reliant, and just generally self-loving.

But in anycase, I just wanted to share this article from the Huffington Post (which I affectionately think of as "HuffPo") from a few days ago: it's a list of tips for twenty-somethings. It may seem kind of superfluous when you first think about it, but you know what? It feels good to be reminded of things every now and then, even though you already knew it. Numbers five, six and seven are my personal "big" ones.

After all, it's a process.


0 comments: